The World Angelfish Forum > Angelfish Discussions > Angelfish Photo Gallery > Pinoy Clown (D/+ - pb/pb - Z/S)

Angelfish Photo Gallery Share pictures of your favorite Angelfish

Old 05-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Angelfish Steward

Default Pinoy Clown (D/+ - pb/pb - Z/S)

Below is a sibling of the Pinoy Clown angelfish sent over there in the USA.

Blue color slightly enhanced by camera but very close to actual. The back is golden green. Real fish is a little less
blue but a little more beautiful, the metallic colors are not truly captured in the photo. Indirect natural light. There is
slight variations in the tone/depth of color and shine among individuals.

Compared to blue Discus colors, selective breeding to improve color in Platinum blue and Pinoy skalar is just beginning. Hopefully the angelfish
will become as colorful as the Discus but in its own unique way.

Note: Fin patterns may vary, there are, imo, different fin pattern genes that work independently of body pattern genes.
Colors may also vary depending on the presence of yellow/orange/red pigments. Some wild angelfish variants have
red fins, crossing them to the platinum blue or pinoy would likely,(speculating) produce a different color in the fins.
The same would likely be for the shoulder/back color.

Dr. Warren E. Burgess

Philippine Long Tail Fowl: Sarimanok Breed Project

Thank you God for the many beautiful angelfish you have given me and for those to come!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Angelfish Docent

Default Re: Pinoy Clown (D/+ - pb/pb - Z/S)

Beautiful fish, Ken! I wish I had some. Your words are very encouraging for the possibities breeders can expect down the road.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Exalted Angelfish Guru

wow beautiful. wish i had some too.

patty
Old 05-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Queen of DIY

Beautiful angels Ken...spitten image of their brothers and sisters swimming in my tanks hehe wish mine would pair up soon...I'm gettin very impatient!!!

~Stacy

. .`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>.`...><((((>

"Sometimes you're the bug...Sometimes you're the windshield"
Old 05-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Angelfish Steward

Thanks Stan, Patty and Stacy, the ones sent there November should be breeding soon. Ken

Dr. Warren E. Burgess

Thank you God for the many beautiful angelfish you have given me and for those to come!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Angelfish Steward

Below are the parents.

The next generation, crosses or inbreds/llinebreds, coming from those sent shall be the third
generation. With three generations (the minimum), a pedigree (lineage) can already be established.

Note: Genetic code for the Pinoy Clown parent above is wrong. The Zebra gene Z and Stripeless
gene S are alleles (occupying the same locus). Correct genetic notation: (D/g - pb/pb - Z/S - +/a).
Pinoy Clown is simply a phenotype name.

Dr. Warren E. Burgess

Old 05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Exalted Angelfish Guru

i am hoping when these have fry i can get some. they are so beautiful.

patty
Old 05-31-2009, 04:59 PM

Yep..these are the ones that get the most attention in the fishroom. The clowns have so much blue in them it's just amazing. I have two clowns that paried up and another that paired up with a pearscale.

The first clutches are just tiny little things but are already showing the blue and some markings.

I've even been contacted by one of the big koi breeders. These guys are going to change the world of angelfish for sure!!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:19 PM
The Angelfish Whisperer

I sincerely wish you well Bev they are indeed beautiful fish.

If one of them happens to be Steve Rybicki from Angels plus, he will need to sell to the high end of the market.

I will do anything I can to sell at a lower price and market that than he does - His original opinions on Plat Blues and their genetic probability were just that "His opinions" and in my opinion were nothing short of Crass.

As you can see Steve and his opinions do not do a lot for me, we can all be thankful that Ken Kennedy had the courage to follow HIS beliefs and was not swayed by the so called experts.

I would back up what i say by showing you posts on TAF2 but I am banned there - after all, it is the house of Rybicki.

Peter
Old 05-31-2009, 09:04 PM

No it wasn't Steve....and honestly I don't think he will be interested yet. I do however really believe that we that have them and those that get them from us are very fortunate to be involved in what I truly believe will change the future of angelfish in this country.

I have a lot of really beautiful angelfish....some from Ken and some from Carol that will be pairing up soon. The black clowns and turqoise I got from her are stunning. I have two fish that came from Steve.....I've stopped breeding them and have moved onto other strains. I have a few that came from Mellow Aquatics that are really beautiful fish but I would have liked more of the opaque orange on them. If I were going to work with koi it would not be to obtain full orange but to get the dark opaque orange and not the light orange that you would see on a sunset young.

My only regret in gettng angels from Ken was not being able to get more. My only worry at this point is that when I start crossing them to my own angels is not doing the right crosses. I will be coming here for a whole lot of advice on that.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:52 PM
The Angelfish Whisperer

LOL, thanks Bev I can sleep easy rofl. We hope to get some tourqs off Carol, its been our dream to go somewhere with the tourqs, we had some beautys at one stage but seemed to lose our way with other strains

seeing as your breeding and cross breeding into them we need to keep in touch ..lol
When I look at what Ken has done with the Paraiba/pinoy crosses put that in with some tourqs, they would be like jewels gliding through a tank... food for thought.

and yes change in a big way, i dont want to keep harping on it, but I shake my head at where some peoples minds went when it came to these fish, there are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see

Keep well Bev
Old 06-01-2009, 05:36 AM
I have no life other than Angelfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev Newcomer View Post
No it wasn't Steve....and honestly I don't think he will be interested yet. I do however really believe that we that have them and those that get them from us are very fortunate to be involved in what I truly believe will change the future of angelfish in this country.

I have a lot of really beautiful angelfish....some from Ken and some from Carol that will be pairing up soon. The black clowns and turqoise I got from her are stunning. I have two fish that came from Steve.....I've stopped breeding them and have moved onto other strains. I have a few that came from Mellow Aquatics that are really beautiful fish but I would have liked more of the opaque orange on them. If I were going to work with koi it would not be to obtain full orange but to get the dark opaque orange and not the light orange that you would see on a sunset young.

My only regret in gettng angels from Ken was not being able to get more. My only worry at this point is that when I start crossing them to my own angels is not doing the right crosses. I will be coming here for a whole lot of advice on that.
I am so glad to hear you still have them. I was afraid something happened to them when I didn't see anything said about them. The black blushing types are the dream breeding for me. I do think the blue on my blacks are ideal for the cross to the plat lines. Even the chocolate ghost I have seems to have a unique blue caste to it. You are months ahead of me and I can not wait to see what comes out of your breeding.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:17 PM
The Angelfish Whisperer

Hi Carol, I know we have PMd this but I wanted to tell you one of the dark pinoys we got in the latest shipment is less than dime size but already the green body coloration is stunning.
When he gets bigger I will post some pics of him - if you like what you see and he survives, he is yours.
So far he looks great and seems the most active out of the lot of them.

Peter
Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 AM

Hello Folks,
Just joined this superb forum, and got to say those "Pinoy Angels" are
stunning, anyone know any breeders in the UK ! just love to own some of
these guys......Regards Ben. (Scotland UK ).
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM
I have no life other than Angelfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Bottle View Post
Hi Carol, I know we have PMd this but I wanted to tell you one of the dark pinoys we got in the latest shipment is less than dime size but already the green body coloration is stunning.
When he gets bigger I will post some pics of him - if you like what you see and he survives, he is yours.
So far he looks great and seems the most active out of the lot of them.

Peter
sorry I must have missed this post. I have several pinoy's near quarter to half dollar size, I was looking for an adult to jumpstart my breeding to the older blushing blacks. I also have the plat marbles in nickle size now and a couple other variations also small. Life will be interesting.

If I can ever figure out the sex on these adult clowns I have they will do well with the blushing blacks.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Blessed are the cheesemakers

Quote:
anyone know any breeders in the UK !
I'm working on some, but I'm at least 12 - 18 months away from having any. Grummie2 is also working on them...
http://www.angelfishkisses.com/forum...ead.php?t=3008
Geographically he's near to you, only time will tell who gets there first!

Welcome to the forum by the way.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterophyllum View Post
I'm working on some, but I'm at least 12 - 18 months away from having any. Grummie2 is also working on them...
http://www.angelfishkisses.com/forum...ead.php?t=3008
Geographically he's near to you, only time will tell who gets there first!

Welcome to the forum by the way.
Hello Pterophyllum, and thankyou for the welcome, Yes indeed would just
love to own some of these "Pinoys" best i have seen, would be obliged if when you have some available, you let me know.
Regards......Ben.

The World Angelfish Forum > Angelfish Discussions > Angelfish Photo Gallery